Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Is Music Amoral?

I have come across an article that addresses music from several different levels. Obviously, the truth of this particular subject matter many would consider to be subjective. I am going to post the link here for the article to which I would HIGHLY recommend a good reading of it. I will add some comments of my own in the near future so stay tuned.

Music is Moral Article

I do know that there will be many detractors on this one, and most who call themselves Christians would not even bother because their mind is made up. I can only say that this article simply reinforces what I have tried to share with many through the years - both believers and unbelievers. Interestingly enough, it is ONLY ever believers who disagree that ALL music is moral! Why is that?

Signed,
Tired of Lies

Edited - July 26, 2007

To be fair, I am including a link to an article given by Eskypades in response to the "Music Is Moral" article link I have posted above. I appreciate the time Eskypades has put into his response. While I disagree with much of his premise and feel that some of it is supposition, I also recognize that there are varying degrees of thought processes on this issue.

The link is for an article by Dr. Barry Leisch and can be found here:
Is Music Neutral? (Note: This link opens in a new window.)

It is correct to assume that I hold to the position that I do from a Biblical perspective, the same could probably be said for Eskypades as well. Therefore, in the end, I can only recommend that those who have concern over this issue study the matter carefully and allow the Holy Spirit to reveal to them the truth found in His Word.

In the future, I may address a few of the thoughts that Eskypades has addressed, but for the time being, I do not wish to be bogged down in trying to respond to each point. That is not the point of this particular blog. I also welcome any other comments on any of my articles.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Interesting article and it puts forth a few good arguments. I will be posting a reply to this article shortly that answers some of the authors issues.